Although Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak times will vary by both the train operator and route, the times generally fit within the timelines listed below:
- Not valid on weekdays before 09.30
- Not valid early evening (between 15.30 to 19.15) from major cities
- Valid on all trains at weekends and on public holidays
- Not valid on weekdays before 10.00
- Not valid early evening (between 16:00 to 18:00) from major cities
There are two ways to find out if Off-peak tickets are valid on a particular route.
1st Search for the Journey online: Off-peak and Super Off-peak tickets are not limited in quantity so they will be listed in the search results for all Journeys they are valid on.
2nd Contact the Train Operating Company directly - they will have the most up to date information. Please note that Grand Central does not currently offer Super Off-Peak Fares, however, Super Off-Peak Open Returns may be used on our services, in which case standard Off-Peak rules apply.