How can I see what services are expected to be busy or which I should avoid travelling on?
Please see our page on latest seat availability for colour-coded information on which services we expect to be busier and those we expect to be quiet.
I have bought a ticket to travel on a Grand Central train, but I don’t have a seat reservation. How do I make one?
We strongly advise customers to make a seat reservation before travelling, especially if you're travelling with friends or family. To reserve your seat, contact our Customer Relations team on 0345 603 4852 (option 3, then option 1), this facility is available up to 5 minutes before departure (subject to availability).
If I make a seat reservation, am I guaranteed a specific seat rather than just a place on the train?
We strongly recommend you make a seat reservation before travelling. If you make a seat reservation you will be allocated a specific seat and you should sit in your assigned seat. Please check that you have a seat reservation when you buy your ticket or contact us to add one to your booking. To reserve your seat, contact our Customer Relations team on 0345 603 4852 (option 3, then option 1), this facility is available up to 5 minutes before departure (subject to availability).
What safety measures are you undertaking?
- Ventilating trains to refresh air.
- Extensively cleaning trains and stations.
- Improving information about journeys and trains.
- We will follow best practice to ensure customers and staff can feel confident to travel. We also recommend that where possible, customers plan ahead and use our seat availability charts to use our quieter services (when possible), and that you make a seat reservation before travelling for the service you plan to travel on - especially if you're travelling with others..
Can I still request assistance when travelling with Grand Central?
Yes, when you're booking your train ticket on our website there is a link in the 'Need assistance' section on the Travel options page. Just click on the link and you'll be able to request what help you need and we'll be in touch.
Alternatively you can call:
- Contact centre - 0345 603 4852 (open 08:00 - 22:00)
- Text Relay - 18001 0344 811 0072 (open 08:00 - 22:00)
To book travel assistance for an existing journey, please see our dedicated page on travel assistance.